The Medical Women’s Association of Nigeria (MWAN) is non-governmental, non-sectarian, non-political and non-profit making organization of female medical and dental doctors in Nigeria. It provides a forum where female medical doctors and dentists discuss and implement programs aimed at improving the health status of the general population especially women and children.
MWAN Rivers State has been in existence for the past 30 years and has executed many health promotion, prevention and treatment initiatives in partnership with government, local and non-governmental organizations such as British Council, Ford Foundation and Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria.
As at January 2017, we commenced a new partnership with the World Diabetes Federation (WDF) to implement a three-year project aimed at piloting a gestational diabetes care program among rural and urban poor women in Rivers State. This pilot project has the following goal and objectives:
To prevent and improve GDM outcomes among rural and urban poor women in Rivers State, Niger Delta Region of Nigeria.
- To promote prevention of GDM among rural and urban poor through education and awareness campaigns in communities in Rivers State
- To build the capacity of health care providers at private and primary health facilities for screening and pre-referral care for GDM.
- To enhance the capacity of secondary and tertiary public and private health care facilities for GDM care
- To disseminate GDM intervention activities using evidence-based scientific publications, media reports and stakeholder forums
Objectives of the Job Description
Objectives of this document are to:
- Facilitate a clear understanding of the expectations of the Project Implementation committee relating to the roles and responsibilities of the Project M&E officer.
- Facilitate a clear understanding of the project goals, objectives, activities, reporting structure and timelines.
- Intimate the M&E officer with the tools and equipment available to him/her to execute assigned tasks.
- Provide an understanding of the work schedule and remuneration package of the job.
- Undergraduate degree in any biological science subject
- Master’s in Public Health
- Self-motivated, energetic and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent report writing and manuscript writing skills
- Advanced computing and data analysis skills with statistical software
- Willing to work under flexible hours including weekends
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the project implementation team to coordinate all survey activities relating to the project from tools development to recruitment of field data collectors, field activities, data entry analysis and report writing
- Work with LGA M&E officers to retrieve on a monthly basis all data relevant to project objectives and report on same
- Develop and maintain a dash board tracker for project indicators (monthly)
- Develop and maintain a progress chart of project activities based on the work plan (weekly)
- Take minutes at Implementation team meetings and develop action trackers for project implementation team
- Assist project implementation team in writing reports and manuscripts related to the project
- Collate and submit all hard copy and soft copy documents of all project activities and outputs
- Work with project implementation team to execute meetings and training events related to the project with excellence
- Any other project related tasks as assigned by Principal Investigator and project implementation team
Full time employment with provision for flexible work schedule over the weekend if necessary.
Will be required to be in constant communication with the project secretary and will be paid only on satisfactory completion of assigned tasks.
Report directly to the project implementation team through the Project Secretary MWAN-GDM Project.
Please send your curriculum vitae with a one-page cover letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org latest Tuesday 15th May 2018. The subject of the email should read “APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF M&E/ADMIN OFFICER MWAN-GDM PROJECT”.